Thursday, February 11, 2010

ZOHO

I was struggling to complete my assignments when suddenly I realized that my MSOffice Applications did not function as usual.
I can't alter my document.
I can't save my document.
I can't start typing in a new document.
All I can do is: view the document.

I panicked - alamak, what to do now?
I dialled my kid brother's number asking what did he do to my Office, but he said he did nothing to it!

Hmm, what went wrong ey?
Could it be the system is infected by Trojan?
Owh, my bad! I didn't install Kaspersky Internet Security yet!
Yeah ryte, blame me for not installing it!

Arggh...what to do now?
I've repeatedly restarting my netbook with the hope Office will operate as usual...
Praying and praying...tension is building up!
Tick tock...tick tock...time is running!

I checked on other applications available on the netbook, tryingto find any applications which can be used in place of MS Word.

Use WordPad...
Alaa...so boring the layout!

Any other application?
Notepad? Alamak...so limited features available!

Eh, still got time to be choosy ey?

Hahahahaha...
Blimey!

"Miss, if you're online you can try ZOHO" a student of mine suggested that to me.
(Thanks to Zulfadhli @UiTM Lendu, Melaka)
What? ZOHO? What is ZOHO? http://writer.zoho.com/

It's actually an online word processor; quite similar to MS Office but it's available online and it offers a lot of interesting features.

So, I started working on my assignment with ZOHO.
But, you really need to familiarize yourself with its features to avoid frustration!

Later that day I discovered the problem with my MSOffice Applications
.... and the problem was: EXPIRED TRIAL PERIOD OF MSOffice 2007!

I didn't realize that I was using a trial application!
Oh, it must be because of the replacement of the HDD last year.
They didn't install the original application instead providing me with the trial pack only!

Huh! Luckily I didn't pay a single cent for the replacement since my netbook was still under warranty that time. Or else, I might go and ask for a refund from them.
Hehehehehe...

All in all, I learnt something new and it can become handy when you need it (plus the Internet connection ok!)
Go and give ZOHO a try and I bet you'll like it!

~from my POV~